2nd zero day

Wait, wait, no mileage for two days? Why? Snow, 5 inches or more, and 70+ mph winds on a mountain ridge would be an acceptable answer. After reading our local weather our merry little band - joker, whisk, moonshine, sideways, Half'n'half, quinoa, pedi and myself (soap box) all decided to stay in Iyllwild a second day. What did we wake up to on the morning we were supposed to depart? More snow. What precipitation we see at 6000ft, in town, will be much worse at 9000ft (and much colder). What an adventure...

 Highlighting the difference a day can make for mountain weather. 

Highlighting the difference a day can make for mountain weather. 

We meant to avoid what turned into a wintery morning. Instead we hiked out in the snow. On the plus side we enjoyed a wonderful small mountain town, we had two days off, and my legs knew it was time to get back to work. The US is a big country and we have a lot more to do if we're making it to Canada.

 

 J and J brothers gave us a lift to the trailhead. 

J and J brothers gave us a lift to the trailhead. 

 

 Back on the PCT, hiked the Devil's Slide trail out of Idyllwild. 

Back on the PCT, hiked the Devil's Slide trail out of Idyllwild. 

 Cheers

Dan (Soap Box)